MailChimp is an easy-to-use mailing list program for newsletters and blog post delivery
There are several (Constant Contact, AWeber, etc) that work well, and I can help you set up the one you choose. The reason MailChimp is a favorite is that
- it’s free up to 2000 subscribers – a great plus for businesses just starting a mailing list
- it’s flexible – you have design options
- there are several ways to have people subscribe – links, in-line forms, pop-ups and even an iPad app (handy for collecting emails at events)
While nearly anyone can set up a list and schedule a campaign using the generic text, why not stand out from the crowd?
Why not have personalized, branded emails sent from the moment someone signs up for your list?
Why not use the opportunity to deepen the connection by showing your personality, your business culture in a friendly way that goes beyond the canned content?
Every email you send is part of your marketing and represents your company
I’ll help you
- set up your initial list
- customize your subscribe, thank you, confirmation and welcome emails
- design a sample campaign template
and show you how to
- build a campaign
- segment your lists and
- personalize your content
Are you wondering why you need a mailing list?
Because, despite the rumors, emails are alive and well, and still remain the most preferred way for people to stay in touch with companies. If you want to offer good customer service and value to your clients or potential clients, email is the way to go.
Why is email good for client engagement and customer service?
- it’s personal – you know who you are interacting with and they’ve shown an interest in your products or services
- it’s manageable – you control who sees your content, not some social media algorithm you don’t even understand
- it’s interactive – your subscribers can contact you directly and you can respond to them
- it’s measurable – you can track your effectiveness and see what topics and subject lines appeal to your subscribers
- it’s user-friendly – your subscribers can save the information for future reference and share it with friends on social media with one click
- it’s targeted – you can segment lists by interests and send relevant campaigns to people who want the information
Why use a service like MailChimp?
The biggest reason is the CAN-SPAM act, which requires compliance in any bulk email delivery and with MailChimp, or the other services I work with like AWeber, Constant Contact, etc, they take care of this for you.
VIOLATIONS OF THE CAN-SPAM ACT CAN COST UP TO $16,000 IN PENALTIES
Don’t take any chances when it’s so easy to avoid problems.
Another great benefit with these services is statistical data. You can see what campaigns have the most appeal, which offers cause people to click through to your site, and with that information you can make better, more effective emails.
In addition, you can create templates for designs you use repeatedly, and automate content with RSS feeds.
Ready to get your mailing list and campaigns created? Contact me and let’s get started! I work with a variety of programs besides MailChimp, such as Constant Contact, AWeber and others.