Do you have a plan, like email marketing, to stay in touch with and support your past clients?
Did you know what a great investment it is? Studies show it takes five times the cost and effort to get new clients over what you invest to keep the old.
Studies show that people who do business with a company like the company to stay in touch and that 85% prefer that contact to be through email.
Email marketing databases give you control and ownership over your client list, and the ability to send updates automatically from your website – so that when you post to your site your subscribers receive it automatically.
- You can create special offers for preferred customers.
- You can segment the customers and send targeted, relevant information to specific groups.
- You can test your email effectiveness by doing split testing.
- You can automatically post to Facebook and Twitter.
- Your subscribers can share with others using one click.
You need to create a flexible, import/exportable database, and you can’t do it with your Facebook account, or Twitter or LinkedIn, even though those can be effective ways to reach people. With those methods, you do not control the list.
With email marketing campaigns, you do.
Every website should have a data-capturing system so you can build that important client and contact list. The good news is that today it’s easier than ever to implement, manage and measure.